We’re Raising Funds for Hawai‘i Foodbank
July 11, 2022
Aloha Pacific FCU has once again joined with a number of Hawaii credit unions to raise funds for Hawai‘i Foodbank. The campaign continues through September.
Click on the button below to go to our special fundraising page. We’re hoping to raise at least $3,000. In addition, APFCU will donate a matching $3,000.
Assisting the foodbank is more important than ever as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to amplify the needs in our Island community:
• Nearly a quarter of a million Hawaii residents continue to struggle with hunger. They include out-of-work parents, those who are under-employed, senior citizens and children.
• In pre-pandemic fiscal year 2019, 12 million pounds of food, including 3 million pounds of fresh produce, were distributed in the community. That rose to 18.3 million pounds, including more than 4 million pounds of produce, in 2020. Last year, the total was 25 million pounds, including 5.3 million pounds of produce.
• A $10 donation can provide more than 20 meals.
Our branches will also gladly accept monetary and non-perishable food donations through September. The most needed food items include:
• Canned proteins such as tuna, chicken and other lean meats
• Canned meals such as soup, stew, chili and pasta
• Canned vegetables
• Fruit in cans, jars or cups
• Bags of rice, especially in 2- or 5-pound packages as these are more easily distributed to individuals and households
The credit union coalition has set a total goal of $100,000 and 20,000 pounds of non-perishable food for this campaign. With your help and generosity, we can do it!