Department: Information Technology
Location: Kaimuki Plaza: 3465 Waialae Avenue, Honolulu
Job Summary: The Business Analyst will act as the liaison for Business Units, vendors, and Information Technology and will be responsible for analyzing, improving, or creating workflow efficiencies and to provide project management assistance to help produce positive outcomes.
• Identify, gather, and document business unit requirements.
• Analyze, create, improve, and validate existing workflows, processes, or procedures.
• Assist and work with Project Manager and provide reports, timelines, or relevant updates to stakeholders and Information Technology.
• Collaborate with vendors and Information Technology to provide guidance to the business.
• Develop an understanding of the structure, policies, and operations of the organization to recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
• Discover, research, and evaluate new technologies that would benefit various business units.
Minimum Qualifications: Advanced education in Business Analysis, Business Management, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related field; or combination of education & experience. Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of related work experience is preferred. Experience in a credit union or banking environment is ideal. Experience with process improvement, business process mapping of current and future states, and business requirements analysis in a credit union or banking environment.
Highly resourceful and know when/how to be assertive to make progress, but able to remain calm, composed, and flexible in challenging circumstances. Excellent analytical skills. Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, both oral and written are essential. Proven ability to exercise independent judgement for decision making and creative problem-solving. Ability to learn complex systems, integrations, processes from a vast selection of systems and platforms. Familiar with banking systems a plus. Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio. Knowledge of any Business Intelligence or Data Analytics platforms, SQL Server Reporting or PowerBI would be ideal.
Credit must be in good standing. Must be bondable pursuant to §713.3(b) of the NCUA’s Rules and Regulations.