Becoming a member of Aloha Pacific FCU is easy − and rewarding. It begins with a personal savings account, which entitles you to all of our products and services. Click on the Join Now button, fill out and print the online form, and bring it to any Aloha Pacific FCU branch on Oahu, Maui and in Las Vegas.
Once a member, always a member. Even if you change jobs or retire, you can still enjoy Aloha Pacific FCU's benefits.
To become a member, you must belong to one of the groups listed below or have a common bond (see chart); and maintain $5 in your savings account.
- Employees of the City and County of Honolulu; and retired employees and those who are on leaves of absence
- Immediate family members of a City & County employee or existing credit union member
- Aloha Pacific FCU and its divisions employees
- Employees of Maui County
- Select Employee Groups (SEGs) as approved by the Board of Directors (more than 2,300 groups including HGEA, Waipahu Community Association, COSTCO stores on Oahu, AOAO Harbor Court, Hawaii Pacific Health, Hawaii Pacific University and many others)
- Members of The Las Vegas Sons of Erin
- Members of Las Vegas Cruisin'
- Members of The Las Vegas Hawaiian Civic Club
- Members of their immediate families or household; and organizations of such persons
Membership Chart Definitions
City & County employees include all full-time or part-time employees; elected officials, contracted and appointed employees who are paid salaries and wages by City & County warrants. Members of their immediate families include parents, stepparents, grandparents, grandchildren, siblings, stepsiblings, spouse, children, stepchildren and adopted children.
Become a Member
Bring the documents listed below to any Aloha Pacific FCU branch. There are seven conveniently located branches on Oahu, one on Maui, and one in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Completed Membership Application
- Valid photo ID for each person on the account
- Field of membership verification
- Personal trust document (trust account only)
- For Keiki Kala accounts (ages 0 - 12):
- Minor’s Social Security Card
- Minor’s birth certificate
- Guardianship documents if applicable
- For Go! Club accounts: (ages 13 - 17):
- A government-issued identification (state ID, driver's license, passport or military ID)
- Opening deposit
What is a Credit Union?
A credit union (CU) is a not-for-profit, cooperative financial institution owned and run by member-owners to provide a safe place to save and borrow money at reasonable rates. Unlike a bank or other for-profit financial institution, a CU gives its profits back to its members in the form of higher account rates, lower loan rates, lower service fees and other valuable services. Your deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF). The NCUSIF is the federal fund created by Congress in 1970 to insure members' accounts at credit unions up to the federal limit. Administered by the National Credit Union Administration, the NCUSIF is backed by the "full faith and credit" of the U.S. Government.
To join a CU, you must be eligible for membership as determined by the CU's charter. Most credit unions are organized to serve people in a particular community, group or groups of employees, or members of an organization or association.
If you are looking for better rates, lower fees and quality service, consider joining the membership of Aloha Pacific FCU!
“Building Lasting Relationships” isn’t just a motto; it’s Aloha Pacific FCU’s mission. One of our initiatives is to reach out to select businesses in Hawaii and enlist them as partners in helping to build our credit union. These business partners and their special offers (click on the boxes) for APFCU members are below.
The credit union does not warranty products or services offered by business partners. All offers are subject to change.