Savings, Checking & Debit Cards

How do I add/remove a Beneficiary and/or Joint Owner on my account?

Please visit any of our branch locations for assistance or call us at (808) 531-3711 (or 1-877-531-3711 toll free) for more information.

Do I have to close my account if I move out of state?

Once you join Aloha Pacific Federal Credit Union, you may remain a member for life, even if you move or change jobs. Search our Locations page for Shared Branches where you may process transactions.

How do I change my name on my VISA® Debit Card and/or Credit Card?

Please visit any of our branch locations or call (808) 531-3711 (or 1-877-531-3711 toll free) for assistance.

What number do I call after business hours to report lost or stolen cards?

Member Service, Inquiry & Lost/Stolen ATM card or VISA® Debit card:
Open weekdays 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Hawaii, (808) 531-3711 | U.S. toll free, 1-877-531-3711

Lost or Stolen VISA® Debit card (24 hours):
Calling within the U.S.: toll free, 1-833-933-1681
Calling from outside the U.S.: 1-812-647-9794 (this number accepts incoming collect calls)

Lost or Stolen VISA® credit card (24 hours):
Toll free, 1-833-541-0777

Are there fees for using ATM machines at your credit union?

Aloha Pacific FCU members have free, unlimited access to all Aloha Pacific ATMs, located at each branch and at other locations on Oahu and on the University of Nevada-Las Vegas campus.

In addition, members have surcharge-free access to First Hawaiian Bank, American Savings Bank and HomeStreet Bank ATMs in Hawaii and over 30,000 CO-OP network ATMs in Hawaii and U.S. mainland.

Please note that five (5) non-APFCU ATM withdrawal fees are waived per month; after the fifth non-APFCU ATM withdrawal per month, there is a $2 fee per transaction.

Can I add Joint Owner information on a Verification of Deposit (VOD)?

Yes, the Verification of Deposit includes all owners on the account.

Can I make a deposit to an ATM that is NOT the credit union ATM? Does it matter if it is a check or cash deposit?

Some CO-OP ATMs accept check and deposits. Aloha Pacific FCU’s ATMs, with the exception of the two ATMs on the University of Nevada-Las Vegas campus, accept check and cash deposits.

Can I obtain a Debit Card for my savings account?

Debit cards are issued to members who have both savings and checking accounts. Contact us regarding age restrictions.

Can I open a Checking Account for my child?

Minors (under age 18) require a parent or legal guardian as joint member on the account. All programs require membership ($5 in a savings account).

Can I open an account online?

Yes, you can open an account here.

You may also visit any of our branch locations to open your account, or you may complete the Member Application form located in our Membership tab before visiting a branch.

Can my relative join the credit union?

To become a member, you must belong to one of the groups (or common bonds) listed here and maintain $5 in your savings account:

  • employees of the City and County of Honolulu, state of Hawaii
  • immediate family members of a City and County employee or existing credit union member
  • Aloha Pacific FCU employees
  • City and County employees who are retired or on leave of absence
  • Maui County employees
  • Residents of Kauai
  • members of their immediate families or household
  • SEGS (Select Employee Groups) as approved by the Board of Directors (more than 2,800 groups including Hawaii Government Employees Association, Waipahu Community Association, and many others)

Please see our Membership page for additional information.

Can you add my address to a Verification of Deposit (VOD)?

Upon your request, we will include your address on the Account Verification form.

Can you include the Dividend Rate on a Verification of Deposit (VOD)?

Verification of Deposit (VOD) includes the member's name, account type and current balance. Dividend rates are subject to change.

What rates and terms do you offer on Certificates?

Aloha Pacific Federal Credit Union offers flexible term Certificate Accounts and competitive dividend rates to meet our members' needs. Our Certificate Account Rates are listed on the website, or you can visit any of our conveniently located branches for additional information.

Checks: I have not received my check order. What should I do?

Please visit any of our conveniently located branches or contact us for assistance at (808) 531-3711 or (877) 531-3711.

What is the cost of ordering checks for my checking account?

If you have an Aloha Rewards Checking account, you may order one box of APFCU-design checks per calendar year at no cost. Additional check order costs depend on the style/design of the checks.

If you have a regular checking account (no new accounts are offered), the fee is at cost, depending on the design.

Checks: Why am I unable to order checks online?

If your last check order was more than 12 months ago, the check vendor will direct you to your financial institution. This is a safety precaution to protect our members from possible fraudulent activity on their accounts.

Does the credit union offer free Bill Payment?

This state-of-the-art system makes paying bills fast and convenient. Using our Bill Payment Service, members can make unlimited payments per month for FREE.

You must have an Aloha Pacific Federal Credit Union checking account and have enrolled in Online Banking to utilize the Service.

Click on Online Banking & Bill Payment for more details. Or visit any of our branch locations or call us for assistance.

How do I access my account online?

To access your account online, you must enroll in Online Banking. Visit our Online Banking & Bill Payment page for details. Or call us at (808) 531-3711 or (877) 531-3711 toll free for additional assistance.

How do I apply for a Debit Card?

To apply for a debit (check) card, visit any of our branches or contact us at (808) 531-3711 or (877) 531-3711 for more information. The debit card can be issued within minutes at any branch.

How do I order a new ATM or VISA® Debit card?

You may order a new ATM or VISA® Debit card by visiting any branch location or calling us at (808) 531-3711 (or 1-877-531-3711 Toll Free).

How long does it take to receive a replacement ATM/Debit card by mail? Replacement card(s) and PIN(s) will arrive within 7 to 10 business days. New PIN(s) arrive approximately 1-4 days after the card(s).

How do I order/reorder checks online?

You may order checks through Online Banking by logging into your account from our homepage at From there, navigate to the Reorder Checks link listed under Additional Services from the main navigation menu.

Or, you can order checks by accessing the re-ordering website.

How long does a foreign check take to be credited to my account?

Foreign checks are credited to members' accounts upon receiving the funds. This may take up to 30 days.

How long does it take a payment to get to a company through Bill Payment?

Loan payments are accepted at Aloha Pacific Federal Credit Union branches, by telephone at (808) 531-3711 (or 1-877-531-3711), telephone banking (KalaTalk) and Online Banking.

How many accounts can I open?

Members may open up to 10 accounts with different account numbers and different ownerships. Each account must maintain $5 in the savings account.

How much cash can I withdraw from my account at a branch?

Generally you may withdraw up to your available balance. If you intend to withdraw a large amount, please contact us in advance so that we may plan accordingly to assist you.

How much does it cost to replace a lost VISA® Debit or Credit card?

Please contact us or visit our website for the current schedule of fees.

I have 2 separate checking accounts. Can I use Bill Payment Service with both checking accounts?

Members are provided unlimited bill payment transactions per month per account at no charge.

I have a check payable to my daughter. Can I deposit the check into my account?

Generally, checks must be deposited to the account of the payee. If your child is a minor, please bring their birth certificate and Social Security card along with the check to any of our branches. The manager will make the determination if we are able to negotiate the check for you.

I received a text message on my phone claiming to be from the credit union indicating my account is frozen and directing me to call a number to reactivate my account. Is this a legitimate message?

Please do not respond to this text message. Contact us by visiting any of our branch locations or call us at (808) 531-3711 or (877) 531-3711 toll free.

What type of identification is required for minors?

Minors between the ages of 0 - 4 must provide a Social Security card for identification. Minors between the ages of 5 - 17, must provide a government issued identification (i.e. state identification, driver's license, passport, military identification). Parents or legal guardians of the minor must provide the birth certificate and if applicable, guardianship documents for the child.

If other members transfer money to my account, or if I transfer money to another member's account, can they see my balance?

APFCU members can transfer money to another member's Aloha Pacific FCU account through Online Banking

Also, if you provide us with the name and account number of another member, we may transfer funds upon request and in person.

We do not transfer funds to another member's account over the phone.

If we process the transfer, the receiving member is not provided a receipt. You, as the requester, will receive a receipt for the transfer transaction; however, the balance of the receiving member's account is not displayed on your receipt.

Is Aloha Pacific a full-service financial institution?

Aloha Pacific Federal Credit Union offers savings, checking and certificate accounts, mortgages and a variety of loan products to meet your needs. The credit union also provides many other useful services. Please explore our website or call us for more information.

My Debit Card is not working

Please visit any of our branch locations or call us at (808) 531-3711 or (877) 531-3711 for assistance.

What is Courtesy Pay?

Courtesy Pay under the Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Regulation E) covers one-time debit card transactions when your account does not have sufficient funds to cover the debit(s). 

Aloha Pacific FCU offers Overdraft Privilege, a non-contractual courtesy that is available to individually/jointly owned accounts in good standing for personal or household use.

How does an overdraft line of credit work?

Overdraft line of credit is a loan product that's attached to your checking account. A credit limit is established and funds are advanced to cover any shortages in your checking account, up to the specified limit.

When your overdraft line of credit covers a Non-Sufficient Fund (NSF) item, you could avoid NSF fees, and any returned check fees that may be imposed by the merchant.

When you write checks and you do not have the available funds there will be an automatic transfer/advance from your available funds in your Overdraft Line to your checking account, in increments of $100, to cover the item(s).

Are there any fees associated with the overdraft line of credit account?

There are no annual fees and no pre-payment penalties. Late payment fees do apply.

How do I sign up for an Overdraft Line of Credit?

A credit application and approval is required for an overdraft line of credit account. You can apply online by visiting our Personal Loans page, or stop by one of our convenient branch locations.

How does overdraft protection from my savings account to my checking account work?

When you specify overdraft protection from savings account, we will automatically transfer funds from the available balance in your savings to the checking account in the event your checking account balance is not sufficient to cover an item presented for payment.

Transfers from the savings account are made in the amount that is needed to cover the insufficient transaction amount and are subject to Regulation D, which limits the number of unsigned transfers to six (6) per month. There is a fee for the transfer.

Can I change my Personal Identification Number (PIN) for my ATM or Debit card?

Members are able to change their PIN on their ATM or debit card by visiting a branch. Call the Contact Center at 808-531-3711 or 1-877-531-3711 toll-free for more information.

I have questions regarding Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs). Who can I call?

You may visit any of our branches or call us at (808) 531-3711 (or 1-877-531-3711 toll free) for assistance with your Individual Retirement Account (IRA) questions.

What is the cost for producing check copies and account statements?

If you currently are enrolled in online banking for your account(s) at Aloha Pacific Federal Credit Union, you are able to obtain and print your account statements and checks from your home computer. Your statements and checks are available on a rolling 12-month period. If you do not have online banking, please contact us or visit our website for the current schedule of fees.

What is the fee for depositing a foreign check?

Please refer to the Personal Fee Schedule on the rates page or call us at (808) 531-3711 (or 1-877-531-3711 toll free).

How many fees can I be assessed?

For personal accounts, visit the Personal Fee Schedule on the Rates page of our Banking section.

For business accounts, visit the Business Fee Schedule area on the Rates page of our Business section.

What are the overdraft fees?

Please contact us at (808) 531-3711 (or 1-877-531-3711 toll free) for assistance.

How much does it cost for a check/draft stop payment?

Our fees are subject to change, so please contact us or visit the Personal Fee Schedule on the Rates page.

Are there any service fees for using Telephone Banking?

This is a free service. Please visit our Services page for current information regarding Telephone Banking (Aloha Bank-by-Phone).

If I want my child (under age) to use my VISA® Credit or Debit card, do I need a separate card or account for him/her? Can I just let him/her use my card? Should I order an extra card in my name for my child to use?

A member under the age of 18 is not eligible to have a VISA credit or debit card.

What are the dividend rates?

Current rates are posted on Rates page.

You can also type in Rates in the Search function. Or call us at (808) 531-3711 or toll free (877) 531-3711.

What information do you need if my relative wants to join the credit union? Do I need to come in with him/her? What proof do you need that he/she is related to me?

Membership is open to immediate family members of our members. Family members should be prepared to provide the name of their relative and need not provide proof of relationship. As the member of our credit union, you are not required to accompany your relative to the credit union.

What is my member number?

For security reasons, confidential information such as member numbers are usually condensed on documents we generate. If you are positively identified and pass the Multi-Factor authentication process, your member number may be provided.

What is my PIN Number?

Your Personal Identification Number (PIN) is dependent on the type of service. Please visit any of our branches or call us at (808) 531-3711 or (877) 531-3711 toll free for assistance.

What is the difference between an ATM card and a debit card?

Aloha Pacific Federal Credit Union ATM cards are PIN based and are used primarily for ATM transactions (withdrawals and deposits).

Debit cards (check cards) offer ATM transaction capability as well as point-of-sale transactions (purchases at merchants that accept VISA cards). When processing a debit card purchase, you may either use your Personal Identification Number (PIN) or signature.

What is the turnaround time for Verification of Deposits (VODs)?

You may visit any of our branches and request a Verification of Deposit form. Our member service representatives will generally complete the Verification of Deposit form as you wait.

What type of identification is required when applying for membership with the credit union?

Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.

As such, when you open an account, we will ask for this information:

  • Your name
  • Street address
  • Date of birth
  • Taxpayer Identification Number
  • A valid ID

Acceptable valid identifications are:

  • Driver's license
  • State identification
  • Military identification
  • Passport

Your identification must contain a photo and:

  • Name
  • Date of birth
  • Resident street address
  • Place of issuance
  • Identification number
  • Issue date
  • Expiration date

What types of savings bonds can the credit union cash?

Aloha Pacific Federal Credit Union does not negotiate savings bonds at this time.

When are dividends paid to member's accounts?

Dividends are calculated on an average daily balance, compounded monthly and credited to member's account(s) at the end of each month.

When does the Holiday Savings balance transfer to my checking or savings account?

Generally, the balance in the Holiday Savings is transferred on October 1 of each year. You may enroll at any time.

Please find more details on our Holiday Savings page.

Where are your ATMs located?

Each Aloha Pacific FCU branch has an ATM, with the exception of the Kekaha branch on Kauai. Also, there are Aloha Pacific FCU ATMs in several locations on Oahu and two on the University of Nevada-Las Vegas campus. Please search our Locations page for more information.

Why does my deposit not appear in my account?

Please contact us to provide us with additional information.

Why is my account balance and available balance different?

Your current balance is the amount of funds in your account, but the lesser available balance represents transactions that are pending.

Will I receive a tax statement? (i.e. 1099-INT, 1098, etc.)

Did you receive more than $10 in dividends for your account(s) or paid $600 or more of interest on a Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC)?

To check the YTD (Year To Date) Dividends you received or the total mortgage interest you paid, please refer to your December account statement.

If you enrolled for Online eStatements before December 15, a copy of your electronic tax statements will be available to print/download through Online Banking. Otherwise, a copy of your tax statement(s) will be delivered to you if you receive printed statements by mail.


  • If you maintain multiple account numbers, you receive a 1099-INT for each account that earned more than $10 in dividends.
  • You will not receive a 1099-INT tax statement if the dividends you received on an account was $10 or less.
  • You will not receive a 1098 tax statement if you paid less than $600 of interest on a HELOC.
  • If you obtained a mortgage loan through APFCU, your mortgage is being serviced by CUSO of Hawaii Services. For more information and assistance, visit the CUSO of Hawaii Services website or call 808-539-0172 (U.S. toll free, 1-800-708-2876).
  • You can log into Online Banking by going to and enter your login credentials in the Sign In box. Click on 'Online eStatements' to download and print your tax statement(s).
  • If you closed your Aloha Pacific account or paid off your HELOC before December 31, please refer to the last statement you received.